Thursday, November 12, 2009

chapter 14

So....the holidays are coming up! I used to be like, I hate christmas and blah blah blah. And now, I'm more along the lines of....where do I jump on the holiday train!? As I've grown up a little more and have become more crafty, I've realized that the holidays are just a fun time to spend time making things for your family and friends.

Every year I make something that I can give to everyone I know and love. This year I've decided I'm going to make personalized bookmarks! Just about everyone I know loves to read, so this seems perfect. Even better though, since I'm working at a totally amazing bookstore...I want everyone to pick one book that they'd like for xmas. So this year you'll get a handcrafted bookmark AND a book!

So, if you're on the list below, please leave a comment and let me know what book you'd like (give me 3 or so, so in case the store doesn't have one, I can look for the others) and you'll receive a personalized gift from me!

If you're not on the list, I apologize. I only have so much $ to spend on gifts and really, my family and closest friends are the only people who'll get presents. I don't expect gifts from anyone, so please don't be offended if you're not on the list!

(Hey moms, if you know that our grandparents won't be reading this, please think of a book they might like? Help me out!)


The List:
1. Sally & Dan
2. Debbie & Mike
3. Barbara & Irv
4. Ellyn & Ed
5. Mikaela & Sullivan
6. Mandie
7. Claire
8. Abby, Ava, and Adrian
9. Tony Hell
10. Dirty or Jorge

love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful gift idea!

    I'll give you interest areas, I totally trust your judgment!

    Let's see...

    Adrian likes funky artists like Basquiat (sp?) and Warhol as well as classic Hip Hop stars and Mafia/Gang crime type stuff. He steers away from fiction.

    Ava likes, well, anything short and to the point. ;)

    And I like young adult books of the cheesy romance variety, I am also getting back into Chicken Soup for the Soul books because they are easy to read when you have a little one who interrupts frequently. Oh, and I really like to read books that turned into classic films, like I've been wanting to read Gone with the Wind or Alice and Wonderland, that type of thing.

    If you want to do one book for all of us, a family activities book would be freakin' awesome. :)

    We love you Mere!

    So, are you coming home for the holidays?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am entirely honored to be on this list.

    I'll think of a few books tomorrow, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okie doke, books!

    "What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character" by Richard Feynman and Ralph Leighton
    "The Logic of Scientific Discovery" by Karl Popper
    "The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen-Scientist" by Richard Feynman

    ReplyDelete