Monday, February 7, 2011

4 months old and other things

laughing at nothing in particular

Penelope is 4 months old today. She is 17 weeks and 4 days old. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. She is now rolling over from back to front, and can hold up her head pretty well now, for a few minutes at a time. See?
She was watching hockey with her daddy

She's growing up so fast. I try to take pictures everyday so that I can capture every moment of her. I don't ever want to forget her like this. I love this age. She's finally *really* seeing things and grabbing things and smiling and starting to laugh a little. She also does this little dance with her legs that we warmly refer to as "the baby shuffle" and likes to yell while watching hockey with her daddy.

I can only imagine what kind of comments I'll have about myself in this picture 18 years from now. Penny looks lovely though, her little chubby cheeks!

Her 4 month appointment is Wednesday, so I'll get to find out just how big she is. I think that she's got to be around 15 lbs or almost. She's getting SO big! Also, she's TALL! She's got these long legs and seems to stretch out for forever. I'm not looking forward to the shots, since those are never fun for anyone. I feel so bad for her. Poor thing. But I think Hubby will get to go this time too, so he can console us both because I know I'll cry with her. I did at the 2 month appointment. haha

I've recently started working again. It's part-time for now but will hopefully turn into more closer to full-time as we need the $$ right now. But honestly, working again makes me feel really happy. I never thought I'd miss it but I really do. It's nice that I can work from home, I feel lucky that this opportunity fell into my lap!

Lately I've been dealing with some weird health issues. My left thumb went numb about 2.5 weeks ago, then my right ring and pinky fingers are numb, and now for the past week my right foot has been numb and is getting harder to walk on. My left foot has a slight tingly-ness to it, but isn't quite numb yet. I've been to my doctor and he's referring me to a Neurologist this week. I'm hoping I can get in to see her ASAP because I really just want some answers. I'd really love to know that I have some pinched nerves and just need physical therapy and not that I have a tumor or something awful. My doctor mentioned the word neurologist and I started tearing up, I was hoping it would just be poor circulation or a slipped disc in my back or something, but it's not. Now I have to go see a neurologist and pray that I'm ok, that this is fixable and that I'm not about to get some terrible diagnosis. I think my biggest worries circle around me not being around for Penny. Even typing that sentence is scary. Maybe I'm overreacting, but not having fully functioning limbs is scary, no, it's terrifying. Every day it's getting more noticeable and a little bit worse, mostly in my right foot.

Even worse, our financial future is depending on what my health issue is. Whether I just need physical therapy or if it's a tumor and I need surgery, our health insurance is up in 10 days and we have to either switch to a cheaper insurance with less coverage and a MUCH higher deductible or sign up for crazy expensive Cobra to continue our current insurance. This is INCREDIBLY stressful, because if we do the Cobra, we have to break our lease and move back in with my parents. Even if we don't do the Cobra, that's still a possibility.

Things are pretty stressful at the moment. I won't lie, I'm pretty nervous about a lot. I've bitten off all my damn fingernails because I'm so nervous. I'm scared for our future, I'm scared for Jim, I'm scared for Penny. I'm scared for me. All I know is, I need to fight so I can be here for this wonderful little girl:

1 comment:

  1. good luck with everything <3 hoping it all goes well for you guys.

    ReplyDelete