Monday, February 21, 2011

strange desires

So, for the past week or so, I've found myself thinking a lot about newborn babies and pregnancy. I think Jim and I want to wait until Penny's a year old before we start trying for #2. But I can't stop thinking about being pregnant again. I miss it. I miss my big round belly with a little baby inside. I miss walking around in cute dresses and leggings because that's all that will fit me. I miss wondering about who the little person inside me will be, who they'll look like, what kind of tiny personality they'll have.

I felt so good when I was pregnant. I'd never felt more beautiful and sexy and voluptuous. I mean, of course I had my bad days, but really, most of it was very enjoyable. Even my labor and delivery went well. I'm so grateful for it all, and I can't wait to do it again. I can only hope my next few pregnancies (because I want 3 or so kiddos! I know I'm insane!) go as smoothly as this one did.

I read other mommy blogs and am a member on BabyCenter.com so I see newly pregnant women all the time! It's killing me! Honestly though, I know I shouldn't allow myself to have baby fever. Penny's just 4 months old and it's just not possible nor feasible for us to get preggo with #2. NO NO NO MEREDITH! GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD WOMAN!

Ah, Penny's waking up from her nap. Gotta go!

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Well, you guys DO make beautiful babies!

    However, remember, pregnancy #2 will be MUCH different with a little one already out! There are a ton of pros to being on #2...but also a ton of cons... no nap-times...much less time to enjoy your pregnancy.... and its a tad more tiring taking care of child #1 when you feel like poo with #2 inside you. Hehe. Hopefully that will help tide you over a bit longer... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a deep urge to yell DON'T DO IT! Sorry, I had to get that out! Though I'm thankful for an uncomplicated pregnancy so far, I will tell you that it's SO much harder chasing Emma around. I can't enjoy her nearly as much as I want to just out of sheer exhaustion! But you'd probably be a lot better off than I am based purely on the fact that you it seems like you're looking forward to #2 and I was "surprised"... Just my 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks ladies. I'm sure it's a ways off, but it's fun to dream!

    ReplyDelete