Tuesday, September 15, 2009

chapter 2

Is this not the cutest thing ever or what?

This is my goddaughter, Ava. A week ago was my 25th birthday and I got this lovely little picture from her mama, Abby. It melted my heart and really made my day. Being down here for my birthday was hard because usually I see lots of people on my birthday and this year it was just Hubby and I. Not that it's bad, I'm just saying, this was the first year I didn't go out to celebrate or anything. This picture made me smile though, and it's just what I needed. I made it my desktop background because it makes me smile whenever I look at it.

I worked a bit more on developing my story line for my novel today. Worked out some character names and some ideas of how things will go down. I still have a ton of work to do on it, not even including actually writing it. So we'll see how it goes...

This week I've done a lot of painting, which is always good for me. It's like, no matter what's going on in my life, if I'm painting, I'm happy.

Jim said that he wanted me to do a painting of one of his first tattoos, which is conveniently one of his that I love. So of course I obliged and came up with this:
I dig it. He digs it. And now it's in our "dining room" which I guess for now is actually just our computer area since we have no dining room table/chairs etc...

I've also done a really cool creepy Marie Antoinette painting for my friend Amanda's birthday next month. I'll post pics after I give it to her so she can't see it until then!

I'm gonna try to work on my story line some more....wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. good luck babe! and when you're novel is in audiobook form, make sure to NOT hire that woman who reads the twilight books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dammit, i wrote "you're" instead of "your", oh well

    ReplyDelete