Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chapter 7

Woo! Two posts in one day? WHAT!!??? It's MADNESS!!!

So, Halloween is coming up, in like, 4 weeks. I'm curious as to what will be going on this year for it down here in TX. I hate to think about what I'll be missing up in MI. Last year was my nephew Sullivan's 1st Halloween. The weather was a really nice 60ish degrees and it was a clear night. It was PERFECT trick or treating weather! I hope it's nice for them this year!Sullivan & Aunt M

Sullivan was just over 10 months old, and he was just starting to really walk well. He made it through the 1-2 hours of trick or treating around the neighborhood and of course, in classic Sullivan style, he was adored by everyone who was out and about. He's so darn cute. I'm sad that I'll be missing his Trick or Treating route this year. I hope he gets lots of candy and is good for his mama!
Sullivan, walking like a champ!

Also this year is my goddaughter, Ava's, 1st Halloween. She was born a few days after Halloween last year, so this is her big first outing. Her mama said she's going to be a lion, so hopefully I can link to some adorable pics of little AvaLion! :-)

So partially out of my boredness here in TX and partially out of my creativeness that exists all the time, I decided to make handmade Halloween cards! So the way I took these pictures is so that the top of each image is the front of the card, and the bottom of each image is the inside of the card. Check em out:

this last one's my favorite!

Also, in honor of Halloween, I've painted my nails black for the first time in a LOOOOONG time. I dig it. I might keep it for awhile. We'll see.

Today I took a really unnecessary nap. I've been doing that a lot lately, and I know some of you are going, "M, stop complaining that you have all this free time and so you get to take unnecessary naps, you ungrateful b!" (I'm trying to not swear so much, just for you, MOM!) But seriously folks, I have so much time on my hands, that I sleep for upwards of like, 14 hours a day. It's ridiculous. I'm not even tired! I just do it because my new job doesn't start until Oct. 6th, so it's like, free time galore until then! I HATELOATHEDESPISE it. I do so much better when I have a thousand things going on. This whole, free time thing, is really quite a downer, to be honest.

I was thinking that once we got down here, we'd start working right away and we'd be so busy we wouldn't have time to miss everyone in MI and think about how poor we are all the time. WELL, my bubble has burst! ALL I DO is miss everyone in MI and think about how poor we are, oh yeah, AND SLEEP FOR RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF TIME.

ugh. just....ugh.


1 comment: