Wednesday, September 16, 2009

chapter 3

Every day I think about the people I miss. My mom and dad, my "in-laws" (although I don't consider them that, they are amazing people who I consider to be my second parents), my closest friends: Mik, D-I-E, Ultimate C, 80's Abby, Dirty Dave or Jorge as he prefers, Tony Hell, The Immortal Lori, and so many many more! I hate thinking about how I'm so far away from all of your lives. I hate that I have to see how you are all doing via facebook. It feels so impersonal. It feels like I'm a fly on your wall, your facebook wall.

It's amazing how our lives are documented via facebook. I take part in it because in some ways I feel it's the only way to really stay connected to everyone. I look at it for a ridiculous amount of time every day because, well, I'm unemployed and have that kind of time, but also because I feel so uninvolved now that I'm so far away! This means I need more peektures from ALL of you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mer, I miss you too! My life in the Mitten is lonely without you!! I have to say, I am also on facebook for ridiculous amounts each day because I'm in your boat of not working during the day...things will get better! I'm faxing my reference over tonight, so maybe they'll call you tomorrow for a job! :)

    ReplyDelete