Saturday, February 27, 2010

first ultrasound, 7 weeks



We got to see our little one's heartbeat yesterday! It's still too small to hear it, but just seeing it was a miracle on its own. It makes it feel more real now that I actually know there's a little teeny tiny heartbeat going on in there.

Another thing that's making this all feel more real is that my morning sickness aka ALL DAY sickness is kind of rearing it's ugly head at me. I was doing pretty ok up until a couple nights ago, now I'm just kind of miserable all the time. Food is disgusting to me at this point. Nothing sounds good at all and I'm having to force myself to eat small things here and there.

I'm actually staying home from work today because I'm feeling so awful. Ugh. I hope this isn't a trend.

How do women do this? Seriously? I'm not even puking or anything but I just feel so miserable and cranky and exhausted and bleh all the time so it's hard for me to get up to do anything. Plus this whole not eating much thing is detrimental to my blood sugar, so I'm also feeling dizzy and stuff if I'm not laying down. Women deal with being pregnant all the time, for millions of years, why can't I? Is there something wrong with me? Am I just being a baby?

Tell me mamas, how did you cope with this crap?

4 comments:

  1. Momma Walker says (with love), "you just have to suck it up! :) I taught all day when I was pregnant with a trash can next to me wherever I went, because I was CONSTANTLY feeling like throwing up. Saltines are your main food group right now! You'll get through it!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cope by telling yourself that it won't last for ever and at the end you will have the GREATEST gift that life has to give. I remember feeling sick all day and wishing I would just throw up so I could feel better. It felt like it would never end, but it did at the end of the first trimester. Hang in there. Women have done this through the ages, but we didn't all do it without complaining about it, believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma Walker also says..."If you're sick, then you know that everything is working the way it's supposed to! I lost one, and I knew that something was wrong because I wasn't sick anymore. So being sick is actually a good thing!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals! I'm trying to deal. I'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete