Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh....baby!

I don't even know where to start. The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind of happiness and nervousness and overwhelmedness and lots of smiles and hugs.

Finding out that we're pregnant is one of the best things that's happened to me. One of the happiest moments of my life. I can't even begin to describe the range of emotions that I've been feeling.

All I know is, this baby is going to be SO loved. It's the size of a sesame seed right now and I already feel genuine, real, unmoving love for this baby. We are going to be the best parents we can possibly be, and do you know why? Because we both have amazing parents that we grew up with, who we've developed sound morals and fantastic ideas from. We have astounding friends who have become and are also on their way to becoming great parents too, so we have this incredible bubble of support around us.

I'm so grateful, so very grateful for everything in my life. A loving husband, a great family, an awe-inspiring group of friends, and now, I'll have a son or a daughter in 9 months. I can't believe how lucky I truly am.

We've even already got a boy name and a girl name picked out. I think we'll keep that to ourselves until we find out which we're having.

We are planning a trip up to MI in June. I think we'll end up driving because Jim's mom wants to throw us a baby shower while we're there, and flying a bunch of stuff back down here is insane. Plus I don't think I want to fly while pregnant, I hate flying to begin with...so we'll see.

I think we wanna do the baby's room in a Moon and Stars theme. I've been finding fun ideas all over the interwebs and think that I'll be able to come up with some great stuff. Except every moon and stars themed baby bedding set I can find is well, boring and ugly. So the search continues!

Jim was so great today, he woke up and cleaned everything in our apartment. He said we need to have a clean, healthy environment for me and the baby. Could he be any sweeter? Oh, and he let me get Chick-fil-A today, which is my weakness.

My first doctor's appointment is on Monday. I'm really nervous about it. They're gonna verify the pregnancy (even though I took 3 of them and they all said I'm preggo) and do lab tests and whatnot. I hate needles! I hope it goes well and that the doctor is cool.

I think I want to do a water birth in a hospital. I hope the hospital my doc works for is openminded too. I hope they'll listen to me and answer all of my questions.

God, I am nervous.

Hey mommies out there, do you know of anyone who's done a water birth, or a home water birth?

4 comments:

  1. i can't wait to be an awesome parent with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so completely excited for you two...it's amazing that you're going to be a mommy and daddy!! You two are going to be amazing parents and your little baby is going to be cared for so much and so deeply loved...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a water birth would be AWESOME! I spent a TON of time in the shower while I was in labor (thank goodness for hospitals and their unlimited supply of hot water). Honestly, the birthing ball and the shower (best when combined) where the only things that brought my relief. Don't settle for anything less than what you want as far as birth and pregnancy goes, a happy mommy makes a happy baby.

    Oh, as far as bedding, there are people that will do custom baby bedding for you, and since you aren't supposed to use bumpers, all your really need are sheets and blankets for later. Heck, if you pay for the supplies, I can get a pattern and make sheets for you in any material you like! Sheets are EASY! My mom used to make crib sheets all the time to give to charities. Even a mobile can be crafted. I would love to help you craft your dream nursery. I think crafting your own nursery makes it to you can have what you want at a price you can afford. You could do the paintings, I can do sewing and crafting. The patterns for baby stuff would be a good thing to have around so I can offer custom baby bedding in my Etsy shop if I want.

    Let me know if there is anything you need. We are both so excited for the two of you and that little nugget of love!

    ReplyDelete