Thursday, January 7, 2010

chapter 22

I'm re-watching the first few episodes of Lost. I watched all the way up through the 4th season, but I stopped after that because it was just too much. Too many questions, too many unanswered, too many more raised. Nothing ever got solved. But, I did love the first season. SO intense and dramatic. I know the next season starts soon, so I was thinking about trying to catch up on the episodes and try to get back into it. We'll see how that pans out.

Can you imagine being stuck on a deserted island? How tremendously terrifying. Being stuck in such a beautiful but deadly environment. It's so deceiving in that way. The ocean, a massive expanse of cool water that you can't drink because it will dehydrate you. The beach, with soft beige sand that can offer you zero protection from the sun and wind. The jungle, stunning plants and thousands of animal species that are likely to do you more harm than good. It's really scary if you think about it.

When people ask you that question, "If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring with you?" As a child, you think, toys, duh, something to keep you having fun, right? As a teenager, it's, my ipod, my makeup, and a bathing suit. As an adult, you become more practical. You begin to realize what your actual needs would be. Water, food, shelter. It's kind of strange to think about really.

Anyways, I'm so excited to have a day off of work tomorrow. It's chilly and windy outside and I just want to stay curled up in my comfy pants with Hubby and Rupert and watch X-Files and knit all day. That sounds like heaven, honestly.

So I've been trying to finish up my online training for Texas Teachers. It's taking forever. The modules they have you do are SO tedious and so repetitive. I've done all this before! UGH! But they log it through their system, so you HAVE to do it and you HAVE to take these quizzes after each module. It's slightly frustrating.

In February, we should be getting a little extra $ from work so I'm hoping that with that money I can sign up and take my content area test finally. I want so badly to be done with this process. I can't wait to apply for a teaching job and have my own classroom. It's going to be a ridiculous amount of work, but it'll be totally worth it.

Well, it's off to work now. I hate closing.

3 comments:

  1. i'm not a fan of closing either. but i am fan of cuddling with you and watching x-files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very busy gal Mer. Love your Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby - Awe! Yay for a day off together!!!

    Shirley - Thanks!!! I love YOUR blog!

    ReplyDelete