Monday, March 8, 2010

if we have a boy

Ok, so I've been thinking a lot about the baby's room and how I want to design it. I know I said a moon and stars theme and I think that's just going to be a general guideline for it. If we have a boy, I'd love to do a robots theme! How fun, right?

Our kid is going to be a sci-fi dork like us, especially since he'll be named after Fox Mulder of the X-Files!

Here are some of the images I have in my idea file on my computer!

Hobby Lobby currently has these awesome robotic rocker dudes. I almost bought them the other day but I stopped myself because obviously we don't know what we're having yet. I'm so worried they'll be gone though by the time we do find out! I actually almost bought Hubby the motorcycle one because I know he'd love it....what do you think, Hubby?




This was a really cute robot painting I found on Etsy that I could totally recreate if we wanted to. I thought it was just really sweet.


These are some super graphic robot wall decals which are great because they're easy to use and easy to remove when you decide to change themes.


This was a really cool outerspace-y lamp that has my favorite planet, Saturn, on it. For those of you who know me, I have Saturn tattooed on my arm along with the other beautiful gas planets.


OK, isn't this robot plushie the cutest thing you've ever seen? I want one! Even if we don't have a boy, I want one! I found it here.


This is an awesome toddler shirt. I love the mint green color and the vintage looking robot on it. I found it here.


This robot onesie melted my heart! Isn't it precious?


In a few days I'll post the stuff I'm finding for a little girls room. I can't wait to find out what we're having!!! ahhh!!!!

In other news, we've officially decided when we'll be going to visit our families in June. I cannot wait to see our families and give them the millions of hugs we've been missing out on since we've moved. I miss everyone so terribly and think about our trip daily! We'll get just about 2 weeks off so I cannot wait!!!

I also can't wait to see our friends. I know Hubby keeps saying, "when we go to Michigan, I'm going to go out drinking with the news team for two days." (Anchorman reference) meaning he's going to hang out with his friends, and I can't be more excited for him, and ME! I miss my best friends and while the folks we've met down here are awesome, and I'm so grateful to have met them all, it's a whole other experience when talking about my girls.

My girls are my rock, my support, my sisters.




4 comments:

  1. I love the robot theme, boy or girl! Oh course, I think owls would make a cute girls theme. And that robot plushie, I can totally re-create that! I don't even need a pattern. I can't wait for you two to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby - I love the owls theme for a girl as well. If you could make that robot plushie that'd be awesome! We'll be having a baby shower when we're up there so expect an invite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robots are jerks. I know from working with them.

    HOWEVER!

    They make great decorations.

    And I better be seeing you two in June!

    ReplyDelete