Friday, January 21, 2011

mama, I need you

So lately I've noticed that Penny has started to really get clingy with me. She screams whenever she can't see me, she watches me move if I'm not holding her, she doesn't like anyone else to hold her, she gets super clingy if I am holding her, etc...

As much as it's annoying sometimes (like when I'm in the shower and talking to her the entire time, she's still screaming since she can't see me), I have to admit that it warms my heart that she finally knows who I am. She's made that connection that I'm hers, and she is mine.

Even when I lay her down to sleep, she'll reach for my fingers and grasp them tight until she's asleep, just to know I'm still there for her. That I haven't left her. I won't leave you, little Penny, never ever.

It's nice to be so needed, but at the same time, it's like, I'm here, if I need to go pee, let me go pee without screaming because you can't see me! :-)

In other news, I'll be going to my hometown this upcoming week for a couple of days for some much needed friend-time. Living a few hours from all of your closest friends sucks. But it's better than the 24 hours away we were when we lived in TX! I can take a couple days to go home and visit with folks and come right back. I love it! I'm hoping to take lots of pics, so hopefully I'll come back with some good ones. :-)

Ok, off to make a new recipe (#9 on the list)! Orange Beef Stir Fry! I hope I don't screw it up!

2 comments:

  1. Ava JUST got over that clingy stage. I told her I would be right back so often during that stage that now she tells us she will be right back when she is only leaving the room for a few minutes. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I can't wait to see you two this week!

    ReplyDelete